VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2004

From:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent Tarter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:51:12 -0400
I am very happy to be able to post this announcement:

The Library of Virginia is pleased to announce that effective Monday, 13
September 2004, the public reading rooms and collections will again be
open to the public six days a week (holidays excepted), Monday through
Saturday, 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.

The Library lost valuable staff members and important programs at the
time of the budget cuts and staff lay-offs in October 2002, but it is
now possible for the Library to resume some previous activities and once
again offer Monday service. Within the last few months the Library has
been able to hire additional public service staff, and we are pleased
once again to be able to serve our patrons on Mondays.