VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2013

Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:32:56 -0500
On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 4:11 PM, Margie Barton <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I would like to ask for help in reading a deed.

It is not a deed.  It is an account current of an estate.

1719 The Estate of Richard Pucket Deceased presented in court by John
Pucket the first Monday in Dec 173_ [The deed above, which is unrelated to
the account, shows it was proved in court the first Monday in December
1737.]

The account shows payments to various persons including
To funeral Charges  [no amount stated]
To Do. [ditto, meaning funeral charges] of Martha his Wife  [also no amount]

>  I was at the Library of Virginia in June of 2011 and made a copy of a
> deed found in Henrico County, VA Deeds and Wills 1725 – 1737 No. 2 page 675
> and have been trying to read it and can’t so I would like to ask for help.
>  If someone would please look at this deed and tell me if the top of the
> page and bottom of the page go together I would truly appreciate it.

It is a separate document from the top half of the page.

6bstracted in Weisiger, Colonial Wills of Henrico County, Virginia, Part
One (1998 ed), p. 218.

 Also if you could make out any of the blurred words I would be very happy.