VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2002

From:
Sue Terminella <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sue Terminella <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 12:02:00 -0800
Hi,

I am interested in several Edwardses and I'm hoping someone on this list can
help.

1.Does anyone have info concerning Ambrose Edwards who lived in King William
Co. during the 1700's?  Supposedly he, his 2 brothers, John and Robert, and
their father, a clergyman of the Church of England, came to the U.S. prior
to 1745.  I have yet to find out anything out John, Robert or the name of
their father.

2.I'm interested in a James Edwards who had land in King William (it was
actually King and Queen County at that time) in 1702 in St. John's Parish.
He had a son named James who lived in Spotsylvania Co. Do you know anything
about either one of them?

3. I am interested in an Ambrose Edwards to came to the U.S. in 1695 with a
Henry Sloan to James City County. Does anyone know where he settled?

4.  Lastly, does anyone know of a Miss Edwards who married Charles Bosher
around 1750?  She was also from King William.

Any information you can give me concerning any of these folks would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks for any help.

Sue E. Terminella