VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sunshine49 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 15:02:18 -0500
I would think that no matter how lovely the place and wonderful the
people, the fact that it was not your choice to be there would be
untenable. And the knowledge that there was a whole list of things
you could not do, or else you'd suffer some pretty terrible
consequences. That legally you were not really considered a human
being. And that your wonderful master might fall off his horse and
die, and you and your family could be split up and sold off. Not a
thing in your life was in your hands, other than how well you toed
the line and didn't make trouble for yourself. Not a life I'd want to
live.

Nancy

-------
I was never lost, but I was bewildered once for three days.

--Daniel Boone