VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

From:
WiilowBendBooks <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
WiilowBendBooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 2003 19:18:33 -0400
I am a very genealogically commerical person. A person that regardless of
what I say or do seems to always somehow relate back to my desire to sell a
book, a map or a CD to someone. I have always been careful in my responses
to this list. If I would relate to the list that the information that a
person was looking for is found in a specific title, it would never fail
that at least one person would be offended at my "transparent attempt" to
sell books.

I have always kept my usually loud mouth shut about messages that do not
adhere to the rules of the Virginia lists. I could list new book titles from
my publishing house at my leasure, and they would be of interest to most on
this list because they would relate to Virginia. But I do not. It is against
the rules.

But to have someone equate the violation of the rules to the job
announcements placed by The Library of Virginia staff on The Library of
Virginia Lists about jobs in The Library of Virginia offends me more than I
care to discuss. It means that an already overdone conversation just became
more overdone.

I am unable to mention who I might be, because that would be a commercial
announcement. So I will refrain, but my initials are CRS. So please consider
this email signed. I would also ask, in the interest of returning to
genealogy, that if you feel the need to respond to my oppinion that you do
it privately. For those who recognize my email address or my initials I
would greatly appreciate your not responding to the List either your support
or lack of support for my position, as it does not relate to what we should
be talking about; genealogy. I only care about two things. One is genealogy.
The other you might have the opportunity of meeting someday.