VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

From:
Sarah Ewald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sarah Ewald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 00:22:10 -0500
I've posted this before, and have gotten some assistance, but I'm still at a
brick wall.

Ancestor in question is James Andrew Ware, born 28 December 1888 in King
and Queen County, VA. I have seen a few times (including his driver's license)
the year listed as 1889, but his birth record states 1888.

Birth record also lists his parents as Sylvester Pillsbury and Sarah E. Ware.

Years later, on a marriage certificate, James Andrew Ware lists his parents as
Richard Ware and Sarah Bristow.

I have a cousin, who I believe also posts here, or at least on another site,
looking for the same individual, and she has gotten assistance from some
posters.

We have found some census records, but never anything definitive. Any ideas
from anyone? Has anyone even seen a James Andrew Ware in their lines? He
has (potentially) the following siblings:
John R. Ware b: Jan 1885
Hattie B. Ware b: Aug 1890
Lucie E. Ware b: Feb 1892
Willis S. Ware (May be William) b: Mar 1894
Florence E. Ware b: Feb. 1897

Thanks in advance!!

Sarah E.