VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2018

From:
PJ Achramowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Jun 2018 16:08:41 -0700
 Looking for any clues that might lead to the parents and any siblings of
William Northcutt, born c.1760 in Virginia (according to  surviving
children’s census responses, and a manuscript with no cited source), died
1839 in Darlington County SC. First wife said to have been Elizabeth Adams
of Virginia, according to a manuscript but with no documentation.  Second
wife was Elizabeth Stewart, born probably Dobbs County NC and died in South
Carolina.   William served as one of Francis Marion‘s men in the South
Carolina militia during the revolution. William was a Methodist.

A South Carolina map from around the late 1780s or early 1790s shows an
Anne Northcutt, and, various Cheraw district and surrounding areas
petitions shows a Robert Northcutt sometime around 1796 to 98.  I have not
yet found anything to indicate what their relationship if any to my William
might be.

 No clue found yet as to where in Virginia William was born.  Land records
pertaining to William,  at least those I found, make no mention of the
above Anne or Robert Northcutt.  Nor have I yet found any separate land
records pertaining to Anne or Robert.

 Thus, William’s parentage and/or if he had any siblings has remained a
mystery.  If you think William Northcutt might be one of yours,or if you
have any ideas how I might further proceed, please do not hesitate to
contact me.

Thank you,  PJ Achramowicz