VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2010

From:
Clay Gullatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:29:54 -0800
Familysearch.org intends to have all the census every name indexed at their site for free. While the 1910 is not on line yet, in Alabama where I do a lot of research the 1850 census, slave schedule, 1860, 1880, 1900 and 1920 census are on line as well as the Alabama marriage and death index.  In some states a scan of the actual marriage or death certificate is on line.

I think just how fast a state's records get on line depends on how many volunteers are doing the indexing. If you have the spare time volunteer at familysearch.org to do some indexing.  And no I am not a member of the LDS.

From what FamilySeach says it is their intention to make all the records both national, state, county and international stored in the granite mountain available on line.

Google: family search record search or family search pilot search.

Clay Gullatt