VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2008

Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:09:43 -0600
Sarah,  Thank you so much for your message below.  I too tried to put an end to this nonsense about which no one on this list really knows very much about what they go on and on and on about.  They remind me of the snotty gossipy neighbor who is in everyone else's business but their own.  I think the list monitor should have put a stop to it long ago.  Any one of us who have traced their ancestry back to the slave era - the Antebellum period - knows full well what went on - Now, how would any of you like to have your own ancestors dragged thru the mud because some nut case accused your ancestor of fathering a child through one of his slaves????  Hey folks - it happened and it happened a LOT.  I have actually been contacted by a descendant of one and he is not in the least upset about it - on the contrary he is a bit proud of it.  So lets move on and give the most honorable and special friend to my Buford family - Thomas Jefferson - the praise and loyalty he so much deserves.

Best wishes to all, Fern
www.bufordfamilies.com