VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2003

Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 17:04:08 EDT
From my own research it seems inevitable that more and more people will have,
"both sides", in their heritage as time goes on.

My father's line is straightforward, my 2g grandfather was recorded as killed
in action with the 9th VA Cavalry in 1864.   But my wife's mother's
grandfather served with the Union from Pennsylvania, so my children are "both siders."
 It could happen pretty quickly in the border states, (and for these purposes
I would count Virginia as a border state), as families started moving around
and across the Confederate boundary after the war.

Jack