VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2007

From:
Gilmore genealogy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gilmore genealogy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:18:36 -0500
Where might the naturalization records be located for immigrants who settled
in Rockbridge County, Virginia?

I called the Rockbridge County Clerk's office, and was told they don't have
any naturalization records.  They had no idea where the records might be.
Anyone here have experience tracking down naturalization records for
immigrant ancestors who settled in Rockbridge Co., VA?

The records I'm looking for are for my ggg-grandfather:

Robert GILMORE
- born 1780 in Ireland
- died 1855 in Rockbridge County, VA
- came to America prior to 1819
- married Margaret BRADLEY in Rockbridge Co, VA, in about 1819

Thanks for your help.
Sandy Gilmore