VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beverly Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jun 2002 11:51:21 -0400
I subscribed to Ancestry 3 mths ago and I am very pleased with my
subscription. I have had no problems finding my ancestors on the census. It
is true not all the census years are indexed but my understanding is that
they all will eventually be indexed. If I remember correctly when you order
the micro film it was not indexed, you had to search for whom ever you were
looking for. I took advantaged of the specials they offered and to me it
was worth the money. I guess it depends on what you are looking for and how
hard you want to search. I keep in mind that when searching family trees
submitted that you have to be sure of what is documented or what is assumed.

Bev