VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2007

From:
Wayne Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:33:20 -0500
Hi,

Between 0 and 10 years ago, I believe there was a debate on the VA-ROOTS
list about the pro's/con's of prepending text to the subject line.
Apparently the vote was to not prepend anything.

I host the Louisa site and have made a setting change so that "[VALOUISA]"
starts the subject line.   My personal opinion (sorry, gotta share) is that
it is helpful to me because I typically spin through my list of messages
looking at the subject line first.  After eagerly reading all of the free
offers for millions of dollars, etc., I sometimes find it necessary to look
at the sender name if I don't recognize the relevance of the subject.

Maybe it's time for the list administrator to dust off the original
discussion to see why it is the way it is?

Wayne Dunn