VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2006

Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 07:21:49 EDT
I am doing a book on Hannah(Lee) Corbin and her last significant other was  a
Dr. Richard Llngan Hall. After he  died in 1774, his accounts at two
different mercantile establishments were turned over, first to Hannah and then  to
George Turberville who was her executor. Dr. Hall was not only a physician  but
also a tobacco grower but the three pages of items he ordered were probably
not from England
    One establishment was Hudson Muse (orders for goods  were 1773-1774) and
I know that he was in Richmond County. The second was Thomas  & George Simpson
(orders for similar goods  were years 1759-1764). I  believe that they were
in the Colonies and probably fairly close to Richmond  County (where Dr. Hall
lived). If any one knows their location and a little  history of them, I would
appreciate it. Bill McCarty  <[log in to unmask]>