VA-ROOTS Archives

February 2008

Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 16:38:43 -0500
Thanks to everyone who sent me links telling about Bacon's Castle.

I keep finding similar articles... yet none of them seem to answer my question
as to whether the castle was located in Lawne's Creek Parish or in Southwark
Parish... or just where exactly in Surry County.

I'm not much of a map person, so it's difficult for me to look at the map with
an article and KNOW which parish it was in back then.

I guess I'm intent on finding something from a reputable source that states
unequivocally that it was in this parish, or that.

Thanks much
Mae Cox