VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2009

From:
Janice Friel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jun 2009 17:24:25 EDT
Hello

I have a Smith connection to my Bell family. I was wondering if your John
Smith was connected in anyway, as I have a John Smith.

Mary Bell married Edward Smith and he was b. 1693 probably Stafford Co.,
Va. and d. 1756 Orange Co., Va. His parents were Edward Smith, Sr. and
Lettice  Green. I don't know when Edward was born, but he d. 1698 Stafford Co.,
Va.  Lettice was b. 1637 England and d. 1709 Stafford Co., Va.

Their children were Edward, Jr., Katherine, William James and John Smith.
Katherine married John Hancock, William married Lettice Barton. I have no
information on James & John Smith.

Lettice (Green) Smith's parents were William Green and Anne Scarlet. Also
the children of Edward Smith, Jr. and Mary Bell, dau. of Roger Bell, were
Thomas, Ambrose, John R., Isabelle & Elizabeth.

Don't know if there is a connection, but food for thought.

Janice
**************Dell Days of Deals! June 15-24 - A New Deal Everyday!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1222865043x1201494942/aol?redir=http:%2F%2F
ad.doubleclick.net%2Fclk%3B215692145%3B38015538%3Bh)