VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2002

Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:53:18 EST
Hello to the list

I would appreciate a response from someone who knows the exact name for those
long handled sticks that have some type of clamp on the end that are used to
remove and replace those metal filing drawers that are found in county
clerk's offices.

The metal boxes/drawers I am speaking of usually contain things like probate
files that are tied up in bundles, or sometimes have envelopes standing on
end.  Note, please I need the name of the tool to remove them.

Alice in Fluvanna