VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2007

From:
Susan Molye <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Molye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 19:26:00 -0500
I think the editorial staff of the New York Times is hung up on
Jewishness in general, not restricted to Mr. Jefferson.  Some
discussion on a different list echoed what Mr. Barger has said about
a possible Phoenician source for the Jefferson DNA.  The Phoenicians
likely had very early contact with Britain, and the Roman army
certainly contributed to the genetic pool when they were in Britain,
including genes from widespread areas of the Middle East.

Susan Molye