VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2013

From:
Winston Cochrane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:19:51 -0400
Hi List,

I am looking for help to locate a source to prove an undocumented marriage
date and location that I found in an Ancestry family tree. The marriage of
Catherine COCHRAN (1776-1811), parents - David COCHRAN and Lucy WINSTON of
Newcastle, Hanover Co., to George SLAUGHTER (?-?), parents (?) - Lawrence
SLAUGHTER and Susanna FIELD. It was reported to have been held on 26 May
1796 in Goochland Co. Shortly after their marriage, they moved to Bourbon
and Fayette counties in KY. They had 5 children that I know of, the first
born in 1802, which would seem late for a 1796 marriage, unless there were
undocumented births. Catherine died of burns after her clothing caught fire
in Lexington, KY in 1811.

Also looking for more information on George SLAUGHTER - dates, locations and
ancestor connections. I have found some conflicting information trying to
tie this George into the SLAUGHTER and FIELD families in VA.

Thanks in advance.

Winston Cochrane
Maineville, OH