VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:44:11 EST
In a message dated 11/15/2004 11:58:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> http://people.uvawise.edu/runaways//index.html

Thank you, Clay, for this website.
Now, I am hoping someone can help me with my brick wall. In the 1860 Norfolk
census, there is a Timothy Gilbert married to Maria(h). They lived in Norfolk
their entire married life. At the Library of Va (online) I found Tim's
application to the Veterans home (he served in the St Brides Calvary) I also found
Mariahs widows pension application. But for the life of me, I cannot find either
set of parents, or anything before they were married.
     I believe she is the daughter of Dr. Harrison Walker but I cannot
confirm this. Is there a way to find out if he was one of the doctors that came to
help with yellow fever? He is from Wayne County Va. Any suggestions will be
greatly appreciated. Thanks, Debbie