VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2001

Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 23:19:35 EST
Hi folks

Hope everyone had a very nice holiday.

For those that might be interested, I have uploaded the following things over
the last few days at New River Notes.  http://www.ls.net/~newriver/nrv.htm

1888 Accomack County Directory - Click on Accomack on the main menu below the
map
1888 Bath County Directory - Click on Bath on the main menu, below the map
1888 Gloucester County, VA Directory - Click on Gloucester
1888 Goochland County, VA Directory - Click on Goochland
1888 York Co., VA Directory  Click on York
An E-book Pioneer Settlers of Grayson County -- Click on Grayson County for
this one, but the author includes information on Carroll and Floyd county
families as well.
Also there are some new Grayson County Cemeteries online.  Look for the red
"New" tags to find the recent additions.

Diary of Colonel James Gordon - Click on Lancaster Co., VA in the main menu
Another article about Bacon's Rebellion -- Click on the books link
Biographical Sketch of Commodore John Barry (American Revolution)-- Click on
the books link
Fight and Massacre at Fort Griswold, CT Sept. 1781 -- Books page, under CT.
This one has a roster of the American participants.
Liquor Legislation in the Connecticut Colony  -- Books page under CT.
Diary of Capt. Benjamin Warren and the Massacre at Cherry Valley New York
(Revolutionary War), Books page, under NY
The Rhode Island Cavaliers - Books page under RI
And finally
Thomson's North Carolina Directory for 1851-1852, linked on the main page.

I may have mentioned these before, but I am not sure, I also have
Thomson's Delaware Directory for 1851-1852, click on Delaware files and links
Thomson's District of Columbia Directory for 1851-1852, click on DC Files and
links from the main menu to find it.

Warm regards
Jeff Weaver
Arlington, VA