VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2007

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 09:42:27 -0500

For those who have not seen the new "Google Book Search", you should take a
look.  Google with its zillions of dollars has undertaken to scan tens of
thousands of volumes, and has added to that giant folder a means by which
any of us may search within any of those books.  Because a message
illustrating this good and relatively new website would require an implicit
URL, I am not permitted to send it

This site has enormous possibilities for research within the printed works
that are out there for you examination.  I predict that before long it will
be a MAJOR source for you, and, unlike the prices being charged by the
genealogy-for-money sites, this Google search engine is free.

As a demonstration of how it works, go to my website (if you do not have it,
email me.)

When that opens, scroll down to
"Click here to search my books"

When that page opens, you can simply type in any name, place or subject that
you would like to examine within my works OR you may look within "all books"
(that Google has scanned to date).

While the Google scanning is by no means complete, there are hundreds of
thousands of entries that will show up for you.

For a rather user-friendly explanation of this new source, take a look at
"booksearch.blogspot"

Good luck.     Paul

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:48 AM