VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2013

From:
"Metz, John (LVA)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2013 19:34:26 +0000
Dear Brenda,

You can access the Chronicling America web portal via the LVA site most easily by typing "Chronicling America" Or "Virginia Newspaper Project" in the Google seach-bar in the upper right hand corner of the LVA web page.  You can also access it directly through the url: http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/.  The LVA will launch an internal newspaper hosting capability in the coming months that will allow us to offer historic newspapers that fall beyond the parameters (1860-1922) of the Library of Congress program that we have been participating.  Finally, all of this content will be available for free and without a library card.

Hope this helps,

John Metz
Director of Archives, Records, and Collections
Library of Virginia