VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2005

From:
mattammatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 19:35:32 -0700
Hello

I have run across the name Perry Anderson Farley in my family research. Since there are at least 3 Perry Andersons in that family, I originally assumed it was a family name, which may hold true for the younger generation. However, I have noticed in the census that there are many families with children named Perry Anderson Whatever and I am wondering if this Perry Anderson was a famous person, preacher, teacher, politician, scientist, etc. Such as the "Lorenzo Dow" naming trend in the early 19th century, after the circuit preacher, the earliest Perry Anderson Farley in my family that I have found is 1834. I have googled to find a famous P.A. and found one who was a negro and with John Brown at Harper's Ferry.(Osborn Perry Anderson) His birth was 1830, so I don't believe he was the namesake for these earlier Perry Andersons. Does anyone have knowledge of another Perry Anderson earlier that 1830 or even in the late 18th century?

Tammie