VA-ROOTS Archives

April 2010

From:
nelhatch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:33:37 -0600
HATCHER website: http://hatcherfamilyassn.com
HALL DNA project: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hall/HDNAtest.htm
"One of the tragedies of life is the murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts" - La Rochefoucauld

Langdon,

"The plaintiff had to be alive, and living in the county where the offense occurred..."

I know Sam was alive but what is interesting here is that his land straddled the Henrico-Goochland line. I know in his 1762 Chesterfield will he deeded part of this land on the Gooch side [now Cumberland] to his son. So this 1730 trespass case makes it sound as if he was living first on the Gooch side, then moving to the Chesterfield side where he died.

Living where he did, it would make sense that it would be easier for Henry, being closer to the Gooch courthouse, to be his assignee.

Thanks!
Nel