VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2003

From:
Chuck West <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:28:01 -0500
The fact remains, you are sending (seeding, you say) bad information to the group. Everyone is provided with faulty information so that you can expose or get even with one or two people who you believe are misusing your research. How do we know when you're telling the truth and when you are not? And if you were a cop would you arrest everybody to ensure that you got the crook who robbed the bank? There's something about the ethicality and the fairness of what you're doing that doesn't set right with me.

I agree with your desire to clean up the list and I think all of us have it in our own best interests to strive for accuracy and full recognition of the hard work we've put into researching our lines. How does being dishonest ourselves--and perpetrating further inaccuracies--help us achieve that end?

Chuck West