VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2004

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 May 2004 21:38:27 -0500
Ms. Marie: Such errors and mistaken entries were not uncommon.  It has been said that most such duplications were caused by one or more of the persons who gave the information at those residences not being familiar with the rules by which the censuses were taken.   I would check with the organization to the successor organization, and would inquire at the State Archives for the records.  If the school was endowed by any religious faith, surely you should check with the archives of that religious discipline.  Paul