VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2011

From:
Poldi Tonin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:09:09 -0500
Alert:
Using the censuses I have found that Ancestry has not complete records for
each state. They have omitted counties in
among others Tennessee. Thankfully Heritage Quest has the omitted counties
and ancestors were located. It is worth the time spent reading page by page
censuses on Heritage Quest in order to locate the missing folks.

Like others, I spend a lot of time sending corrections via "comment" to
Ancestry. Mistakes due to poor handwriting and mistakes due to sloppy
indexing of correct spellings. Hastings being indexed as Hardy when the
entry on the census is clearly Hastings.

Wonder if Ancestry will give a discounted membership for correcting errors?
Guess not.

Poldi

--

"She is insane, of course. The family history has become a mania for her."
Hercule Poirot

http://www.FrontPorchRockerNews.blogspot.com

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Langford
This project includes Lankford spelling also.

"Truth and reason are eternal. They have prevailed. And they will
eternally prevail; however, in times and places they may be overborne
for a while by violence, military, civil, or ecclesiastical."
--Thomas Jefferson Thomas Jefferson, 1810