VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2000

From:
Kathleen Much <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathleen Much <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:13:06 -0800
Does anyone have information on an Eric YERBY who was a 19th-c VA
merchant?

A letter from a Yerby family member in 1940 reads, "Uncle Adonis, and
Eric were in a Dry Goods Store - Perry's I think. His wife was Mary
Radcliff [interpolated in another hand: Senator Radcliffe]. Eric's
wife Cornelia Doughty. She is a great worker in the Catholic
church. Their daughter Susanne is Mother Superior in a convent of
France or England. The son Everett Dudly is in the army."

Everett D. Yerby became guardian of Adonis Yerby's children in
1881. I'm trying to find the exact relationship between them.

Kathleen Much