VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2002

From:
"Patricia M. Seaver" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patricia M. Seaver
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2002 12:09:04 -0400
ANNOUNCEMENT

To:  Those planning genealogical research in Scott Co, VA

From:  Mark A. Bo Taylor
Clerk of the Circuit Court
Scott County, Virginia
104 E. Jackson Street, Suite 2
Gate City, VA 24251
276/386-3801

Effective May 1, 2002, the second floor of the Clerk's office will be
closed to the public as we undertake to preserve our records of
historical value.

This is in accordance with guidelines of the Library of Virginia
grants program awarded to our office dealing with the preservation of
records.  Those records involved are:

(Pre-1900) Marriage licenses, returns and marriage bonds
Older civil and criminal cases

Twentieth century records on the first floor of the Clerk's office
will continue to be available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this important project.
--
Patricia Moorefield Seaver
Knoxville, Tennessee