VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:29:58 EDT
In a message dated 6/16/02 9:21:33 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>http://www.rootsweb.com

I am not a subscriber to ancestry.com. During the past week, any time I try
to go to a rootsweb. com or an ancestry.com URL, nothing happens for about 20
seconds; then I get a window saying that Netscape cannot find that web site.

Rootsweb is supposed to be free, but has recently been bought by
ancestry.com; might the latter now be trying to force us to pay for use of
rootsweb.com? Or, is there some simpler explanation?
Gordon Adams: [log in to unmask]