VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2013

From:
"Susan J. Avery" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 15:41:14 -0400
Exactly ..... dying of hunger will lead to whatever you can do to
survive.  I think in most cases, these were settlers who had already
died, they did not kill them to eat them.  They themselves would have
died had they not done what they had to do.  I don't fault them except
for the guy mentioned in the presentation who did kill his wife to eat
her - he himself was killed for what he did!

On Thu, 2 May 2013 12:35:11 -0700 "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
writes:

>  The Natives were not Cannibals, nor were they present during that
> Winter. It was the Natives who showed the Colonist how to survive
> the Winters and brought them food.
>
> Anita Wills

> Mary and Patty Bowden Foundation
>

> Anita Talks Genealogy - Blog Talk Radio
>

> "If you believe people have no history worth mentioning, it's easy
> to believe they have no humanity worth defending."
> — William Loren Katz
> June 18, 2009

gov>