VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2007

Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 19:54:22 +0000
Hi all,
 In case you did not know about this the Library of Congress has a newspaper database at:
http://www.loc.gov/chroniclingamerica/

It is called "Chronicling America," it is still in Beta form.
The only Virginia newspaper so far is "The Times-Dispatch" of Richmond, the years for this paper on there right now range from 1903-1914.
The search keywords you sue in your searches are highlighted on the pages which is a great help.

They also have several Washington, D. C. papers and some from other states.
I was told the newer the pc you have the quicker the pages will load, but I can use it on a new pc or my old desktop and they seem to load just fine.

Have fun with it!

God bless,
         Beth