VA-ROOTS Archives

December 2010

From:
Patricia Jamison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2010 22:32:40 -0500
I am also interested in finding the descendants of Newton Keene. I have traced
my ancestry to Napoleon Bonaparte Keene, born in 1822 in Rodney, MS and have
been able to find nothing prior to him.  However, he did have one son by the
name of Newton B. Keene.  It made me hope that we might be able to connect
the Newton Keene from 1725 in Virginia to the Keenes in Mississippi.

I also noted that this Newton Keene was a Captain.  My Keenes were in the
shipping and cotton brokers' business and ended up in New Orleans when the
Mississippi River changed it's course away from Rodney, MS so that is another
connection that might prove beneficial.

If you have any information on Newton's descendants, I would be interested in
chasing them...

Thank you.