VA-ROOTS Archives

June 2002

From:
Ann Blomquist <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ann Blomquist <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 23:46:28 -0400
Hello,

I have been a family genealogist for over 25 years and I LOVE Ancestry.com.
I paid for the census plan for one year ($100). I can look at census records
for the whole US in seconds. I do have an excellent genealogy library here
in my city (Orlando, FL), but with the on-line census, I can do research and
census work at any time, day or night, right here at home.

The submissions at Ancestry.com do have some errors, but I have been able to
find other people working on the same families who have submitted their
research and WOW, has it helped me. Even if it is sometimes wrong, it often
provides clues about where to look for a family.

I dropped my membership to Genealogy.com (which also has some excellent
services) because I found Ancestry.com has much more available right now.

Ann Blomquist
Orlando, FL