VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2001

From:
Richard Fulton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard Fulton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 12:52:05 -0500
There are two New Castle towns I am aware of.    Both were known by that
name in the 1600's.   The first and largest is New Castle upon Tyne which
is now located in County of Tyne and Wear on NE coast of England between
Northumberland and Durham.    In the 1600's the Tyne River was the border
between Northumberland and Durham.    New Castle is on the Northumberland
side.

Also there is a New Castle upon Lyne located in present day NW
Staffordshire.   The area was also in Staffordshire in 1600 according to
placement on Speeds Maps drawn at that time.

Thanks,   Rich Fulton, [log in to unmask]
World Wide Mid-Market Sales Executive, S/390 SW, SWG
IBM, home office
1420 West Main Street, Apt. 1008
Lewisville, TX.  75067  USA
Phone: 972-434-1033, t/l 450-8996
Fax: 817-962-8780, t/l 522-8780
---------------------- Forwarded by Richard Fulton/Dallas/IBM on 09/06/2001

"J.T. CAVENDER" <[log in to unmask]>@LISTLVA.LIB.VA.US> on 09/06/2001
11:52:34 AM

Please respond to "J.T. CAVENDER" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  "Research and writing about Virginia genealogy and family
      history." <[log in to unmask]>