VA-ROOTS Archives

January 2009

From:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KAREN DALE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 21:20:27 -0700
Some people don't post their emails or names even when you go to the user ID page so it is difficult to contact them, but the vast majority of those of us who have posted files at World Connect are eager for people to contact us. I often get emails from "lost" relatives who can provide a family branch I may have little on. Or if they're having trouble finding supporting material for a connection, I'm happy to help with the search--two heads are always better than one.

The only problem with WC is that there are often many duplicates where people have simply copied off one another. Always look for the one file with the most notes and sources--probably the person who did the actual research.