VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2005

From:
Donald Locke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:48:47 +0000
Hi Paul and everyone.
What an insperation and highly movtivating suggestions you all have made.
I have been striving to be able to detail every aspect of every person in my family tree, which as of today contains 1077 Lock(e)'s not including the extended familys. I was waiting until the day I could document every person in detail, so that there were no unaswered questions in the future, but after reading Paul's emails, I see that I am after the unachievable. Better to get it out there and be able to publish updates later. Many of my insecurities, hesitations and questions have been answered on this list, thanks. I have been published in national news letters before, so why I have hesitated I do not know. Attention to details held me back I guess.

My plan is, to get the family book finished and make a CD(s) avaialble with the book, which will contain every document we have collected and scanned to CD to be used along with the book. Other wise, the book would be huge if I published the documents within the book. I am guessing there are well over 200 documents, maybe more. I think that is in part my "Key" to the story Paul, being able to show the many records we have collected as part of the never ending story.

 Many years ago, I started a book which is off topic for this list, but I never finished it. Now I am motivated to get it completed too! :)

Thanks for all the great suggestions.
 I think todays moto should be Get to Gettin! lol (get it done)
Don