VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2004

From:
jhwatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jhwatkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:07:50 -0600
Since the Lib. of VA had to let people go, cut back hours (later some
restored) and cut back on some services since the State of VA has cut back
their funds, I don't think there would ever be an amount we, as
individuals, could contribute to put their massive holdings on line.  What
they have been able to do is remarkable, especially considering what is
available from archives of other states.

Besides, it is a great excuse to visit a remarkable library and other
wonderful resources in VA.
Joy Watkins
Arlington,  TX

At 08:43 PM 11/15/2004 -0600, you wrote:
>Likely most prohibitive in cost, Pam.   I am sure it would take tens of
thousands to even begin the task.  Perhaps Brent and the Library can
conceive some future plan whereby many of us could pay a modest amount
regularly for such access to a greater number of records.  Paul

a long way from Virginia.  Maybe if enough people were willing to pay for
it,  the cost of putting it online would be covered,