VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2002

From:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nel Hatcher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:07:50 -0600
Website: Hatcher Families Resource Center
http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher
List Admin: Hatcher email list
Researching: Cook, Hall, Hatcher, Kuhns, Miller, Shepherd, Timberman
The HATCHER BOOKS are now available - Edward, Henry, and Benjamin
For more info: http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~nhatcher/hatchlib.htm
"Genealogy Without Documentation is Mythology"

I have found the same person in two different households on several
occasions although I can't say with any confidence that they were on the
same page. I've seen it happen most often with teen-age boys, but sometimes
girls, who appear to have been working (farm labor/housekeeping) at someone
else's home - sometimes a relative, sometimes not.

It may be a case of minor confusion in the census taker's request for
information; i.e. name all your living children and/or name all those living
in your household. This could put a child in two different homes.

Cheers,
Nel