VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2012

From:
"R. C. Solomon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2012 14:45:15 -0700
I must apologize for my earlier question about a child born of a slave mother. I mistakenly thought the census I referred to was pre-emancipation although I clearly typed 1870!! Not sure what I was thinking!!

And I just found the census record for an Edmonia Gunnell and a brother Joseph Nelson was living with her in DC in 1880. Joseph was listed as the brother in law in the census record, so although this is the Edmonia from 1870 she is clearly not my Edmonia!!

Ruth Solomon