VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2002

Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 08:30:09 EST
    Would anyone know where Coane Roade, Moratico is?
I am trying to establish several of the plantations that my ancestor Dennis
McCarty had in 1695. The clue to one of them is In Northern Neck Land Grants
. In Patent Book 2, page 216 there is a patent granted to Bartholuma Wood of
County of Richmond for 221 acres " beginning at a small Red Oak corner tree
of Mr. Dennis McCarty standing on the east side of the Coane Roade near the
head of a branch of Moratico and running along this line South Eighty nine
degrees East one hundred and four poles to a white oak ... ". The date is 4
Jan 1695/6. Thanks. Bill McCarty