VA-ROOTS Archives

May 2001

Date:
Thu, 10 May 2001 11:18:18 -0700
If someone has access to a CD of Virginia marriages, could you please check for the marriage a George SUDDARTH and Sarah A. UNKNOWN?  The last name could also be spelled Sudderth, Suddeth, Suddith, Suddoth, or Sudduth.

The death record of my ancestor, Horace Suddarth, says that his parents were George and Sarah A. Suddarth.  Horace was born in 1810, so his parents were married sometime shortly before that year.  I've looked for George and Sarah's marriage in a number of counties, but so far have been unable to find them.  Various Suddarth families were in transition from the Stafford area to the Albemarle area around this time, and I suspect that George and Sarah may have been married in some county roughly between those two.

Thanks very much.

Scott

http://www.shopping.altavista.com