VA-ROOTS Archives

October 2002

From:
Melinda Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melinda Skinner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 12:18:21 -0400
In the midst of reading all the kind messages about the Library of
Virginia and the devastating cuts that have been made-- and will probably
continue to be made-- I wanted to be sure that all of you know about the
Library of Virginia Foundation. While the Foundation cannot fund salaries
for state employees or building maintenance, we have given and will
continue to give support for the collections and programs.  Last year we
funded a large portion of the purchase of the latest U.S. Census on
microfilm, we have paid for the acquisition of family papers and other
historic materials, and our Adopt-A-Book, Etc. program finances the
conservation of rare books and other items in the Library's collections.
The level of that support will, as always, depend upon the generosity of
donors.

I invite anyone who values the Library of Virginia to show support by
contributing to the Foundation; and, on behalf of the Foundation board, I
thank all of you who have made gifts to the Foundation in the past.

Melinda Skinner
Annual Fund Director
Library of Virginia Foundation
800 East Broad Street