VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2006

From:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
qvarizona <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:42:32 -0800
To List Admin. et al,

  Closing VA-ROOTS would be the same thing as giving in to tyrants.  Please don't even consider such a thing.  None of us is incapable of either hitting delete or putting any address in our "Block Email list."  If there's someone who needs help using the block, I'd be happy to help.

  Joanne

Stephen J Buski <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  To the Library of Virginia:

Your agency has been so gracious in hosting this important service it is
with the deepest regret that I must ask VA-ROOTS be closed until further
notice.

I ask this only after much reflection. It has become only too apparent
that some individuals are incapable of conducting themselves in a mature
and responsible manner when using this service.

While it is a genuine shame to punish eveyone for the actions of a few I
feel it is necessary to uphold the integrity of the list. This service
must not be used as a "soapbox" to wage personal vendettas.

Perhaps having to do without may teach all to be more collegial in their
conduct.