VA-ROOTS Archives

July 2010

From:
Dixie Reynolds <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jul 2010 15:06:04 +0000
If you like I can go to amherst va court house and look for you , I live in amherst.

From:         Mary Francis <[log in to unmask]>

Sender:       "Research and writing about Virginia genealogy and family history." <[log in to unmask]>

Date:         Wed, 28 Jul 2010 09:51:52

To: <[log in to unmask]>

              history." <[log in to unmask]>

Subject: [VA-ROOTS] Bedford VA abt 1750

I'm new so there may have been an earlier post over the years.  As I have

seen and observed by others there are many submitted errors on

Ancestory.com so I have been double checking sources but have come to a

block.

I am trying to find the first wife of Jeremiah Meador b. abt 1746 - abt 1815 in

Bedford, VA.  There are others by the same name (of course) so I am only

interested in this Jeremiah Meador.  I believe he married Caroline ??? 1766 in

Amherst.  While many trees give his wife as Elizabeth, who is mentioned in his

will.  I believe she was his last wife and they married only three years prior to

his death - so not the mother of Mary Meador, one of his children, and my

ancestor.

I'm looking for advice of where to search.  Does it make sense to collect all

the surnames in Bedford at the time to see how many have daughters named

Caroline?  Or is that far too much to expect?  And how would I even do that

with no census?

I would appreciate any help with her identifcation or where to search.