VA-ROOTS Archives

March 2001

From:
Maggie Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maggie Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 15:43:13 -0500
My 6th great grandparents were Andrew McCOMB and Jane RAEBURN.  He was
b. before 1715 in Scotland; d. in Augusta County, VA between
15 March & 17 June 1788; m. about 1737.  Jane died after 15 March 1788.

Andrew McComb came to America with a land grant from King George II.
He and his wife were members of the Tinkling Springs Presbyterian
Church in Augusta where they were baptized in 1748.  Andrew saw
civil service in the Revolutionary War and is a DAR Patriot.

Anyone wishing to share information, please contact me.

Regards,
Maggie Phillips