VA-ROOTS Archives

August 2003

From:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 13:27:25 -0500
And one last site; some of these folks are desc. of Pocohantas; she, a
Pamunkey.
http://www.baylink.org/Pamunkey/2fr_pottery.html
Paul
*********
Subject: A CumberlandCo question..........

"Genealogy Without Documentation is Nothing" - Paul Drake

Hi All......

I've just had an inquiry from someone who made reference to his family
living on an Indian reservation in CumberlandCo, VA, possibly near Sunnyside
(c1880?). Some names of family he's given me appear on the 1880 Cumberland
census as black.

I've never heard of VA having reservations. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks!
Nel