VA-ROOTS Archives

September 2008

Date:
Mon, 29 Sep 2008 22:16:27 -0500
Fern and Sarah, I thought I would just say my two cents.  All it took was
the first of the many volleys on Jefferson and I knew it was going to grow
into something distasteful.  My first thought was that the list monitor was
going to put a stop to it.  Then I thought the list monitor was on vacation.
Then I thought to jump right in; but to stir the broth would make it worse.
Thomas Jefferson was a friend to the Hooper side of my family.  Fern,  I
agree with everything you said. I still am tracing the Hoopers and Cox's of
Buckingham and the Cox's of Powhatan. Let's just all drop it and move on.
And in the future, if you must argue, take your argument away from this list
so the rest of us do not have to endure it!

Shirley Cox Schroeder

--
'A government big enough to give you
everything you want, is big enough to take away everything