VA-ROOTS Archives

November 2000

From:
Rosemary Mahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 08:11:33 -0500
Hello List

I'm doing some research on the McKenney/McKinney and Morris lines from
Westmoreland County.  Is anyone out there also researching any of these
same lines?  I'm especially looking for information connected with the
following couple:

William A. (Willie) McKenney married Georgiana (Georgie) Morris Jan 30,
1878.
    Children:
        Ellen E.
        Bessie
        Bernice R.
        James William (this is my grandfather and have quite a bit of
information on this line)
        Susannah
        Dempsey (have some information on this line)
        Lewis (moved to Matthews County, Virginia)

I only know some information about William A. and Georgiana McKenney
from their marriage information from the Westmoreland County courthouse.

William's mother was Ellen (mother was witness, but didn't list his
father as a witness).  I do not know what Ellen's maiden name was.
Georgiana's mother and father were Joseph and Elizabeth Morris
(witnesses).

I am also looking for information about the parents and first wife of
Richard S. Donohue, married to Alice Paducah English at the Westmoreland
Methodist Parsonage Nov 1, 1891.  I have quite a bit of information on
the English line, but very little on the Donohue line.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!
Rosemary McKenney Mahan